PRL Coffee Enema Kit
(PRL Coffee 1lb.+ Enema Bucket 1Qt)
Click here for an instructional video
When grown and processed properly, coffee offers health-promoting properties and can beneficially impact the whole body’s health when used rectally. We recommend Premier Research Labs Coffee which is rich colored and one of the highest quality coffees we have ever found. It tests on to all four biofield polarities (which means excellent quality) and is not burned or overly roasted (which ruins its beneficial factors).
How Coffee Enemas Help to Detoxify the Body:
- Improves Liver Detoxification: The caffeine causes dilatation of the liver's bile ducts, which facilitates excretion of toxic by-products trapped in the liver and dialysis of these compounds across the colonic wall to be excreted out of the rectum.
- Purifies the Blood: Two substances found in coffee, kahweol and cafestol palmitate, stimulate an enzyme system in the liver, glutathione-S-transferase, that captures electrophiles (reactive carcinogen compounds), metabolizes xenobiotics (toxic elements from drugs, pesticides
etc.) and removes many kinds of toxic radicals from the bloodstream. Cancer experts at the Gerson Institute have regarded this as an
important mechanism for carcinogen detoxification. Furthermore, since the enema is generally held for 15 minutes, and all the blood in the body passes through the liver every three minutes, the enemas represent a form of dialysis of blood across the gut wall.
- Strengthens and Tones the Colon: It is believed that the presence of theophylline in coffee can cause blood vessel dilation across the walls of the colon. This can enhance the supply of blood to the colon, thereby improving the muscle tone and increasing gut motility. In addition, these enemas help facilitate the liver and bowel to neutralize the most common tissue toxins: polyamines, ammonia, nitrogen and electrophiles. This provides tremendous healing for the colon, as well as other areas of the body.
- Neutralizes Bowel Toxins: When the stool reaches the sigmoid colon, toxins are sent through the entero-hepatic system to the liver to be neutralized. Holding the enema for a period of time allows the caffeine to stimulate bile production and efficiently neutralize these bowel toxins, which are then excreted when the enema is released. Read The Power of Coffee Enemas to learn more about its amazing benefits.
- ½ quart (2 cups) - Purified water (not tap water) - for heating the coffee
- ½ quart (2 cups) - Purified water - for cooling the coffee
- 3 Tablespoons Premier Organic Coffee (whole coffee beans tested by PRL to ensure no toxicity)
- Enema Bucket
- Old towels (to use when kneeling/laying on the floor); do not use good towels (since any coffee drops will permanently stain the towels).
Recommended Number of Coffee Enemas:
- Week 1: Start with 1 coffee enema per day for the first week
- Week 2 & 3: Continue with 2-4 coffee enemas per week
- Week 4 on: 1-2 coffee enemas per week indefinitely
Best Time to Take an Enema:
The most desired time to take the enema is after a meal. The stimulation of bile will aid in the digestive process. Taking an enema before a meal may cause discomfort. After dinner is a good time for those with poor digestion and constipation. The enema will empty the bowels before bed and improve liver detoxification throughout the night. The caffeine in the coffee enema does not get absorbed into the bloodstream and will not keep you awake at night. However, if you have a sensitive body type (easily stimulated) you may need to do the enemas early in the day, and use less coffee. It is possible to be stimulated if you do not release all of the coffee enema (which is typically normal).
Coffee enemas are more effective when the lower bowels have been cleared first. This is also helpful for those who have a hard time holding the enema for the desired length of time. Fill the bucket with 32 oz. of warm, purified water. You can add 2 teaspoons of Pink Salt to the water. Take in and hold for 5 minutes until bowels release. (You may want to do a shoulder stand to allow the warm water the reach the upper part of the descending colon). This will empty the bowels making for a smoother coffee enema. After expelling the salt warm water enema, prepare the coffee and take the enema as mentioned in the instructions below.
Salt Flush:A Salt Flush is very effective before a coffee enema. Ideally, start the Salt Flush upon arising, then wait a few hours until you have completely flushed before taking the coffee enema. Once you feel the colon is clear take your coffee enema.
Beneficial Supplements to Add to your Coffee Enema:
- ParaStat 2 capsules.
- Paracidin 2 capsules.
- Cat's Claw 2 capsules.
- Hyssinol 2 capsules.
- Wild Yew 2 capsules.
- Noni 2 capsules.
Excellent hormone balance formula choices:
- Fem Balance 2 capsules.
- Fem PMS 2 capsules.
Coffee Enema Instructions:
Making the Brew:
- Grind: Fresh-grind the coffee beans to a fine powder. To ensure you will get the freshest, most active phytonutrients from the coffee, do not grind beans ahead of time. Pre-ground coffee beans are partially oxidized & should not be used.
- Simmer: Add 3 tablespoons of freshly ground coffee beans to ½ quart (2 cups) of water and bring to a simmer (small, rolling bubbles) for about 5 minutes. (Do not simmer coffee in a non-stick coated pan. Use stainless steel if possible)
- Let it sit: Turn off the heat and let sit uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Strain: After 5 minutes of cooling, strain the coffee with a fine metal strainer twice into a large measuring cup or easy-to-pour container to remove any large particles that could clog the enema tube.
- Add Cool Water: Make sure the hose clamp on the enema tube is shut. Pour strained coffee into the enema bucket and add ½ quart of purified, room-temperature water. The temperature should be warm to slightly hot, about 115° F. You may want to use a thermometer to check. Note: The enemas work best when the temp is VERY WARM. If the temperature is lukewarm or cool, it may cramp the intestines and waste elimination may be poor. The best test is to put your hand straight to the bottom. This way you'll know whether it is too hot or too cold. If uncertain, use a thermometer.
Taking the enema:
- Clear the Line: Right before you take the enema open the clamp on the hose and let the coffee flow to the end of tube, then close the clamp again (this expels the air from the hose that may potentially create air in the colon)
- Oil the Tip: Apply a small amount of oil, such as olive, coconut or castor oil to the anal area and on the tip of enema nozzle for ease of insertion.
- Get in position: An excellent position to do the enema is on your back (near a toilet) with a rolled towel or pillow under the pelvis. Some individuals find it easier to take in the enema while on their knees facing down. The enema bucket should be hung on a towel rack, shower curtain rod, or bathroom counter so there is enough pressure for the fluid to flow into the colon.
- Insert the nozzle: Gently insert the enema nozzle fully into the rectum.
- Release the clamp: Slowly release the hose clamp to allow the liquid to begin to flow into the colon. (Often you will have the sensation of warm liquid gurgling or flowing into the colon.) If the flow seems too fast or you feel the urge to go, close the hose clamp; wait for a minute, then open the clamp again. The goal is to try to take in the entire enema, so you may need to close the clamp several times and take it slow; otherwise if you let the liquid rush in too quickly you may not be able to hold it.
- Remove the nozzle: Once the enema has completely emptied into the colon, close the clamp and remove the nozzle from the rectum.
- Hold the enema for 10-15 minutes. Turn on your right side or stay on your back with your pelvis elevated on the rolled towel. To get the enema farther up the colon, try doing a shoulder stand (bring legs vertical until upper back is only touching the floor; hold the position for a few seconds then gently let your legs down.) In time, you will find which position works best for you. (If desired, lay in a bathtub during this time - for easier clean-up)
If you have not had a bowel movement in several hours, you may feel the urge to go before the entire enema has been emptied. If you feel this may happen to you, start out by taking only ¼ of the enema first- just enough to expel the fecal matter in the lower tract (in this case, it is not necessary to hold the liquid for any period of time). After releasing the ¼ portion, take in the remaining enema and hold for 10-15 minutes.
For those who are new to coffee enemas:
If after taking in the liquid and nature calls (i.e. you feel a strong urge to expel the liquid) – even after a minute or two, do not resist -- go ahead and expel it. At first, it may be hard to hold the liquid for the full amount of time (or even a few minutes). This is usually caused by gas or fermentation in the colon. Do not be discouraged by this. If you release too soon, simply make another enema and try again. In time, after several enemas (and thus a certain amount of toxic elimination), it will be much easier for the bowels to hold the liquid for the full length of time. The more you take coffee enemas, the more your body will adjust, and you will be able to hold them for much longer.
Tip for holding the enema:
Sometimes the sudden urge to let go of the enema is caused by gas bubbles. If you feel that urge coming on while holding the enema, put your self into a shoulder stand for 10-15 seconds. This will move the gas bubble through without letting go of the entire enema. You may need to do this several times.
Releasing the Enema:
While in the process of releasing the enema, gently massage the abdomen in a clockwise direction to stimulate peristalsis. Try pressing on the belly button as you fully exhale to relax the anus. Do not rush this process. It may take some individuals 10 minutes to completely expel the the enema. If after 10 minutes and you have not completely expelled the enema, do not be alarmed. Sometimes, the enema liquid reaches higher in the colon tract, so it may take longer to move down into the lower bowel to be expelled. Give yourself at least an hour after the enema before you leave the house.
After the Enema:
Drink 2 oz. of Aloe Drink mixed with 1/2 cup purified water or by itself. The aloe dramatically promotes elimination of released toxins and helps prevent re-absorption.